Meet Dr. Joy Rohrer
Dr. Joy LaDelfa Rohrer graduated from the University of Florida Dental School and is a Pankey Alumnus.
She believes in long term optimal oral health and aesthetics. The cosmetic and reconstructive philosophy of her practice is based on the teaching of the L.D. Pankey Institute. One of the guiding tenets of this philosophy is to treat people, not just teeth.
“Our goal is to provide you with a quality dentistry, to help you keep all of your teeth for the rest of your life in maximum health, comfort, function and appearance at a minimum of stress and discomfort”.
-Dr. Joy Rohrer
“A dentist’s education forms the cornerstone to his care. I attended two of the top dental schools in the country. The first with a strong base in traditional dentistry and the second excelling in progressive techniques.”
B.S..Baccalaureate of Science in Biology, , St John Fisher, Rochester New York 1981
D.M.D. Doctorate of Dental Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 1985
“Since Dental School my Philosophy on Professional Continuing Education has been, “If your not moving forward…then you are moving backwards.” We live in a world of rapidly advancing technologies and techniques. Our continual challenge is to provide a progressive level of dental care for our patients.”
25 plus years Clinical Experience in Delray Beach
• Over 4000 single crowns and veneers placed
• Over 8000 periodontal treatments rendered
• Over 5000 patients cared for
• Over 100,000 dental procedures performed
Publications/Presentations/Clinical Instructor/Teaching Experience
“ I have always enjoyed teaching…I view my office as an educational institution to help patients learn as much as they feel is appropriate about their oral health. This is because of an observation I’ve made that typically the more a patient understands their mouth, the healthier it is and the better it looks!”
Dr. Joy LaDelfaRohrer has been Clinical Instructor at
Palm Beach Junior College, Lake Worth Florida
Clinical Instructor of Dental Hygiene
Provide instruction of dental hygiene students in all phases of clinical care, including but not limited to diagnosis, treatment planning, instrumentation technique including ultrasonic instrumentation as well as chemical and antimicrobial instrumentation, and diagnostic protocol including diode laser diagnostics and computer guided periodontal diagnostic.
Teaches Advance life support- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Teaches those looking for training and education in the Raindrop technique and other therapeutic applications of essential oils. This includes providing information on the healing properties and the safe effective therapeutic application of essential oils.
Meeting the Highest Standards of Her Profession
“In order to provide my patients with the highest level of care possible, it is critical to keep up with the very latest developments in dentistry. My commitment to first rate continuing education and involvement with professional organizations reflect this belief.”
• L.D. Pankey Institute
• The Center for Professional Development
• The Center for Advanced Dental Education
• The Dawson Academy
• The Laser Institute-Certification in the McCue VPL Laser
• The Upledger Institute-Advanced Training in Craniosacral Therapy
• CARE International-Center for Aromatherapy Research and Education International
• Advanced training in Nutrition, Cosmetology and Skin Care
Plus over 2000 Professional Continuing education hours highly focused in the area of Restorative and Cosmetic Dentistry as well as Periodontics and Endodontics, selecting as instructors worldwide leaders in their respective fields.
• American Dental Association
• Florida Dental Association
• South Palm Beach County Dental Association
• Atlantic Coast Dental Association
• Center for Aromatherapy Research and Education International Member
• Container Gardening. This is what happened to us when empty nest syndrome kicked in! ….For last 3 years has enjoyed living off the land from Dec to May. We (Joy and Tom) growtomatoes (18 varieties),bokchoy, Swiss chard, collorabbi, broccoli rab, spinach, Swiss Chard ( 3varieties) onions , peppers, lima beans,snap peas, Boston and romaine lettuce, arugula, mint, several basils, thyme, lemon balm, dill, eggplant, sweet potatoes, white and black figs, Muscatine grapes, mulberries, blueberries, ruby red grapefruit, navel oranges, star fruit, pomegranate, banana, 3 types avocados, mango, lemon and lime.
• Wellness. Enjoy learning and doing ( and being ) in the areas of Body, Mind and Spirit. Enjoy, hiking, exercising, eating healthy-I am a fair weather vegan (I eat mostly in that fashion, but stray as certain occasions present), avid reader-, spiritual self help, and GOOD NEWS (Good News Network)
• Essential Oils-Has a passion for the understanding of the use of essential oils. Understands the chemistry of the oils and biochemically how they do what they do. Has the vision to be involved with the evolution of our society toward a more natural approach to healthcare.
Community service. A strong belief in both local and world wide community support and sharing. Some of their favorite charities include:
1. Their local Church
2. Christmas for Children- collecting for local children
3. Pay it forward…gifts of unexpected kindness at random
4. Unitis-Microfinance company with the goal of ending world hunger
5. Make A wish Foundation
6. WXEL– Public radio/TV
7. Caring Soup Kitchen
8. Dentistry Plus Heart
10. Faith farm
11. Habitat for Humanity
12. Hike for Nepal Fundraiser
13. Service trip to Nepal to build homes for earthquake victims
14. All Peoples Day