DENTAL TEETH CLEANING
Dental cleanings differ from your at-home dental routine of brushing and flossing. During a cleaning our hygienists include:
- Removal of plaque to prevent gum inflammation and periodontal disease
- Removal of calculus (tartar) formed from plaque to prevent gingivitis
- Teeth polishing to remove stains and plaque
It is important that your teeth are regularly cleaned. Removal of plaque and calculus can only be done in a dentist office with the use of ultrasonic tools and specialized instruments.
Exams are performed at your regularly scheduled check-up appointments. All regular check-up appointments may include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic X-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Examination of the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Examination of the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: Examination of all tooth surfaces for decay with specialized instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Examination of current fillings, crowns, bridges, etc.
Schedule an appointment with us soon so you can receive a thorough exam and maintain your oral health!
We are proud to have the opportunity to give you
the smile of your dreams