West Palm Beach, FL is a unique and beautiful place to visit. Take time to enjoy these 9 fun things to do in West Palm Beach, FL. From nature and wildlife, to Art or simply shopping, you can spend hours exploring this amazing city.
1.What Are the Most Popular Natural Attractions in West Palm Beach, FL?
The main natural attractions in West Palm beach are , of course, the beaches. Extense white sandy beaches are washed by the clear waters of the sea, making this place a relaxing and inspiring place to spend your time. If you are one of those people who enjoy nature and outdoors, West Palm is full of alternatives:
You can go kayaking in the Grassy Waters Everglades Preserve and learn more about the local ecosystem. Or you can try hiking one of the many trails in this wonderfully natural spot.
You may want to discover the amazing wildlife at Okeeheelee Nature Center while you walk nearly three miles of trails. Or you can stroll along the Apoxee Trail while admiring the wetlands and flat woods of West Palm Beach. Plenty of natural spots lay in this region to create a natural coastal relaxing atmosphere.
2.What Are the Best Shopping Attractions in West Palm Beach, Fl.?
If you’re looking for something different from outdoor activities, you have the best shopping options in West Palm.
Shopping is a well-known word in this part of Florida. Whatever you are looking for can be found in one of these shopping spots :
- The Square: A shopping district and open-air plaza where apart from shopping, you will listen to live music while walking.
- If you are looking for some antiques you can check out the Antique Row and find amazing vintage and deco stuff in what it is considered the Antique Design Center of Florida.
- Now, if you’re looking for the best brands at the lowest cost, you can’t miss the Palm Beach Outlets. There you can find savings on more than 100 name brands.
3.What Are the Best Beaches in West Palm Beach, FL?
The Palm Beach/West Palm Beach areas is home to amazing public beaches for anyone to enjoy. West Palm Beach is on the Intracoastal Waterway while Palm Beach is on the ocean. So if you are planning to enjoy a day at the beach, you will just have to drive over a bridge to get into Palm Beach.
Palm Beach County houses around 50 miles of coastline, so options are plentiful:
Lake Worth Beach makes a great option if you’re planning to spend a day with your family at the beach. With parking, restrooms and eating options, Lake Worth is one of the most recommended beaches in the area.
Peanut island can make a fantastic option for those looking for a little more fun. This beach offers walking trails and snorkeling activities as the main entertainment.
Ocean Reef Park is surely the best option for snorkeling and freediving. The reef provides a mystical underwater experience and it can be seen even if there is high tide. In some areas you can go fishing too. And you can take a relaxing walk along the boardwalk while enjoying dune ecosystems.
Located between Jupiter and West Palm Beach, this beach sits on a barrier island.This is a place where you can enjoy daily life from fishing to recreation to conservation. There is a bait shop, snack bar, and pole rentals. Also, because of it great waves, this place attracts many surf and kiteboard lovers.
4.What Are the Best Restaurants in West Palm Beach, FL?
West Palm Beach is a good place for those who really give importance to food. With such close proximity to the water, West Palm cuisine heavily relies on fresh seafood. Of course, there are plenty of options to choose from, depending on your taste and budget.
Here are some well-known restaurants you can take into account when you visit West Palm Beach:
- Red Crab Seafood Bar : you can find the freshest sea food and enjoy your lunch or dinner with a stunning viwe to the sea. The menu offers a variety of wines and drinks too.
- PB Catch : Seafood and Raw Bar wher you can try the best quality oysters, clams, shrimp and fish. Entertainingt and friendly, this place is a great option for a relaxing and enjoyable meal. Don`t miss the Happy Hour 2 for 1 in Oysters & Drinks
- O’Shea’s Irish Pub : A traditional Irish food restaurat with over 28 years running. Located in Downtown West Pal Beach, this place offers the best Irish recipes and dining experience!
- Il Bellagio : Italian restaurant Located at the base of the historic Harriet Himmel Theater in Rosemary Square. This place offeres a unique dining experience in true Italian “piazza.” Try the delicious Italian cuisine in a friendly and natural place.
- Darbster : This vegan food restaurant offers delicious, natural, organic and vegetarian food. The menu includes both traditional and innovative dishes to enjoy on a tropical twaterside deck. Excellent service and a wide selection of beers and wines.
5.What Are the Best Things to Do for Families in West Palm Beach, FL?
There are plenty of things to do and enjoy family time!
South Florida Science Center & Aquarium: Don’t miss this wonderful attraction that offers more up-close animal encounters and hands-on learning experiences. Here you can enjoy the aquarium, planetarium, and various exhibits on conservation, space, and technology.
Palm Beach Zoo: With more than 550 animals on display, this spot will definitely make your children’s day!
Mounts Botanical Garden of Palm Beach County: Take a walk through the impressive grounds of the Botanical Garden, which shows around 5,000 different types of plants, a butterfly pavilion, and children’s maze.
Gains Park & Community Center: Enjoy a family picnic, play a game of tennis, or watch the kids run through the splash pad at Gains Park and Community Center.
Mandel Public Library of West Palm Beach: Attend story time with the kids or check out books at this relaxing spot.
6.What are the Best Things to Do for Nightlife in West Palm Beach, FL?
Once the sun goes down, there are still plenty of options of fun things to do in West Palm Beach.
Palm Beach Improv: Visit Palm Beach Improv if you want to enjoy comedy shows and strong drinks.
Copper Blues Rock Pub & Kitchen: Wine and live music are the words to describe this pub. Don’t miss it!
Roxy’s Pub: For late-night dancing and a great selection of craft brews, this is the place you need to head to.
7.What are the Best Fairs & Festivals in West Palm Beach, FL?
West Palm Beach has the perfect fairs and festivals for you!
· Arts & Entertainment District: The West Palm Beach A&E District is a collection of inspiring arts and entertainment venues; art and history museums; galleries; libraries; performing arts companies; and art education institutions.
Plenty of events take place here, but one of the best known is SunFest; the largest waterfront music festival in Florida, which attracts more than 100,000 visitors every year! With more than 40 bands performing across three stages, SunFest mixes rock, funk, hip-hop and country, drawing musicians from all corners of the industry.
CANVAS Outdoor Museum Show: In CANVAS, contemporary artists transform landscapes into an interactive art experience for all the community.
Enjoy carnival rides, delicious fair food, and concerts at South Florida Fair.
8.What are the Best Museums to visit in West Palm Beach, FL?
Love the Arts? West Palm Beach has everything you want.
· Kravis Center: Just outside of Downtown West Palm Beach, you will find Kravis Center for the Performing Arts. It hosts about 550 performances each year, including symphonies, performances by The Miami City Ballet, and even popular Broadway shows like Dear Evan Hansen or My Fair Lady.
This wonderful center is home to Dreyfoos Hall, which hosts spectacular performances throughout the season offering shows that appeal to a diverse array of audiences.
Rinker Playhouse is also found here. It provides an intimate theater experience with a diverse line-up of performances including musicals, comedy, and concerts. Finally, Persson Hall is also part of Kravis Center. It is a cabaret-style seating in an intimate and versatile space.
· If you love museums, visit the expansive collection of American, European, and Chinese art at Norton Museum of Art.
· Spend the day learning about the history of West Palm Beach at Richard & Pat Johnson Palm Beach County History Museum.
9.What are the best Places to visit near West Palm Beach, FL?
Thanks to West Palm Beach convenient location, visitors can easily get to other nearby Florida cities.
Spend the day fishing and bird-watching at Lake Okeechobee, which is the largest lake in Southeastern U.S. and less than an hour from WPB.
Drive south to sunbathe in different gems of Palm Beach County. You will get to Boynton Beach, Delray Beach and Boca Ratón in less than an hour drive. All of them house sandy beaches to relax and spend a great time.
Head about an hour south to spend a weekend in Fort Lauderdale, where you can visit Dolphin World or stroll through Las Olas Boulevard.
Or go past Fort Lauderdale to spend a weekend in Miami, where you can relax in its amazing beaches or shop at the Miami Design District.
Quick Facts About West Palm Beach:
Even though West Palm Beach offers a lot of sunny days and warm temperatures, this Florida city actually receives a significant amount of rain. It is actually one of the rainiest cities in the U.S.
Nevertheless, visitors can still expect plenty of sunny days and average annual temperatures between 57 and 90 degrees.
Rain or shine, there will be quite a lot of time to soak up the Florida sun in WPB!
- It is the oldest incorporated municipality in the South Florida area, incorporated as a city in November 5th, 1894, two years before Miami.
- In 1895 there were only 1000 residents. West Palm Beach is now estimated to have more than 117,000 residents.
- The area that later became West Palm Beach was settled in the late 1870s and 1880s by a few hundred settlers who called the land “Lake Worth Country.” These settlers came from different parts of the United States and the world.·
- As well as NYC and San Francisco, West Palm Beach is an LGBTQ-friendly city! In fact, WPB was the first public employer in Florida to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
- West Palm Beach does not host any professional sports teams.
Ready to plan your trip to West Palm Beach? As you have read, WPB is a complete vacation spot. You will find an answer for everything you want to do and it will become a place you will want to go back to!
From entertainment, to summer activities and art, WPB is the next destination.